Another benefit of outpatient rehab is that you can still work and earn a living during treatment. A residential program requires you to use sick days, vacation time, and PTO or to arrange a leave of absence with your employer to attend the program. Residential programs are also known as inpatient, and they cost the most. That is because you eat, sleep, and live on-site 24/7, meaning the facility needs staffing every hour of the day and night to help clients in treatment.
Without money and without insurance, it can be extremely difficult to figure out a way to afford treatment. Addiction can negatively impact all areas of your life, from relationships to career prospects. Getting treatment and beating addiction can improve your life in the long run.
Cost of Drug Rehab in New Jersey
Premium luxury programs that cater to high-profile clients, such as actors and pro athletes, might charge between $25,000 and $100,000 for a one-month stay. Given how many different factors are involved, the costs of drug rehab can range quite a bit. Some people may be anxious to take on debt, but it’s important to view addiction rehab as an investment.
- People new to treatment will want to look at a clinic’s financial options as well as the clinic’s offerings to help them make their final facility choice.
- The cheaper varieties of heroin are often cut with substances such as fentanyl, making it very dangerous.
- Some people successfully raise money for treatment through platforms like GoFundMe, YouCaring, Crowdrise, and Indiegogo.
- Inpatient residential treatment is expensive due to intensive care, meals, lodging, therapies, and wellness activities.
- Along with nursing care, intensive inpatient services also include therapy to tend to your emotional and cognitive well-being.
In Delaware, 18 to 25 year olds were the largest age group with unmet rehabilitation needs. The cost of drug and alcohol rehab programs when you’re doing residential treatment can vary depending on how long you stay. Without insurance, you might pay upwards of $20,000 or more, but this is because you have care around the clock. Even standard facilities may offer a variety of substance abuse treatment approaches and additional services to participants. Although standard rehab facilities may have fewer luxury amenities, many still offer some of the best addiction treatment programs in the world.
How Much Does Dual Diagnosis Treatment Cost?
The Affordable Care Act says all health insurance must cover substance abuse treatment. But how much they cover can differ depending on your specific insurance plan. Also known as Obamacare or the ACA, this legislation no longer penalizes insurance applicants for pre-existing conditions. That means how long is drug rehab you can apply for healthcare insurance even when you’re already dealing with a substance use disorder. Policies provided through Healthcare.gov have to treat addiction just as importantly as other medical conditions. The level of coverage for rehab services varies based on the plan you choose.
The interest accrued by loans and credit cards may seem unappealing, but it’s cheaper than the long-term costs of ignoring the need for treatment. Take our free, 5-minute substance abuse self-assessment below if you think you or someone you love might be struggling with substance abuse. The evaluation consists of 11 yes or no questions that are intended to be used as an informational tool to assess the severity and probability of a substance use disorder. The test is free, confidential, and no personal information is needed to receive the result.
Signs That You May Need Drug and Alcohol Rehab
However, there is a treatment program that can accommodate every budget. As a result, everyone can find their way to sobriety with the proper resources. Whether you’re looking for an inpatient or outpatient alcohol rehab center, finding the right treatment program is an important step on the road to recovery. If you cannot reasonably afford the cost of addiction treatment, you can apply for a rehab scholarship to cover the cost. These are typically offered by individual rehab facilities, as well as third-party organizations, such as 10,000 Beds. You will need to contact the rehab center directly to learn if they offer any type of scholarships.
- Information provided on Forbes Health is for educational purposes only.
- Today, you can buy your prescription drugs at a brick-and-mortar pharmacy, at an online pharmacy, by mail order, or with “coupon cards” obtained online and presented at a traditional pharmacy.
- The average length of stay is 30 days, but depending on the situation, more time may be beneficial to long-term recovery and preventing relapse.
- You will need to contact the rehab center directly to learn if they offer any type of scholarships.
- In these cases, cost may include a copay of around $50 to $100, depending on your insurance plan.