Install and licenseTekla Structures
To use Tekla Structures , you need to have a license, and Tekla Structures installed on your computer. In most cases, you will also install a standard localized environment or your organization’s own customized Tekla Structuresenvironment. Each environment includes many important localized settings and tools, such as profiles, templates and components.
About Tekla Structures licenses
Tekla Structures cannot be used without a valid license.
- You license most full commercial configurations of Tekla Structures by activating an entitlement certificate on your license server (on-premises licensing). The entitlement certificate is sent in an email to the contact person your organization has named when purchasing the license.
- Online licensing is used with the EPM Modeler and Partner configurations and with the free learning license ( Tekla Campus ).
- The Tekla Structures Partner and EPM Modeler configurations have an online license that is connected to your Trimble Identity.
- The license is delivered directly to the Tekla Online Admin tool, where your organization’s administrator(s) can assign the online licenses to individual users.
- For a free learning license for Tekla Structures , visit the Tekla Campus site, where you can activate an online license that is connected to your Trimble Identity. Note that you are not allowed to use this configuration for commercial work.
- You can see the license type of licenses in the About Tekla Structures dialog box. It is either Domestic or Enterprise. For the Partner edition, the value is Partner and for the Tekla Campus edition, the value is Educational.
Manage your own installation of Tekla Structures
The general process you must complete:
- Download installers.
- Install the software.
- Activate your license.
In detail (follow the links for step-by-step instructions):
- Create your Trimble Identity to access all Tekla online services.
- Download the installation package for Tekla Structures , the license server and at least one of the Tekla Structures environments from Tekla Downloads.
- Install the Tekla Structures software and at least one of the Tekla Structures environments on your computer:
- If you have a standard on-premises license, install the license server software on your computer and activate your license.
If you have an online license, you can start Tekla Structures and select the Use your Tekla online license licensing option. Online licenses are available for specific configurations as listed in the previous section above.