Purchase a non-expiring licence to access SketchUp Pro and LayOut.
Before contacting us, you may want to take a look at our FAQs below.
Frequently asked questions
From time to time you may have difficulty authorising your licence. A list of the most common error messages you may see upon trying to authorise the licence, along with the steps to resolve can be found here
We recommend the following steps if you are having difficulty authorising a licence:
- Check you have an internet connection; you will need a connection to authorise SketchUp.
- Check you have downloaded the correct version of SketchUp Pro.
- Ensure no leading or trailing blank spaces are being copied across when copying and pasting the licence information.
- If still unsuccessful, Copy and paste licence details into a plain text editor (like Notepad) and then copy and paste from there into SketchUp.
A standard network licence is now installed just like a single user licence – although there is one important caveat to allow the authorisation to be successful: Ports 5053 and 50530 must be open on the router on each workstation for your network license to work. No server installs necessary.
For any authorisation issues, please follow the same steps as listed for a single user licence above. Double check that you have the required ports open.
The licensing servers are currently at the following URLs:
These URLs currently resolve to 2 IP addresses: 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 Ports may be opened only for these addresses if desired.
Removing a licence / Moving to a new computer SketchUp Pro single-user licenses are “locked” to your computer when SketchUp Pro is licenced. If you purchase a new computer and you want to transfer your SketchUp licence to that new machine, you need to remove your license from your old computer first. To remove the licence, please try these steps:
- Open SketchUp Pro on the *old* computer.
- Select “Help” > “License” (Windows) or “SketchUp” > “License” (Mac OSX)
- Click the “Remove License” license – you will see a confirmation message.
- Click the “Remove License” button – your license will be removed. Now you can authorize SketchUp Pro on your new computer using your same serial number and authorization code (i.e. license information).