Purchase a non-expiring licence to access SketchUp Pro and LayOut.
Subscribing to Autodesk products allows you flexibility to choose the access type that works best for your business. We offer two types of access, single-user and multi-user, with their own associated license type
Single User Licences
A Single-user licence is assigned to one person and can only be used by the registered user.
That individual can install the licence on two computers that they use BUT only use one at the same time. This is typically a work computer/Desktop and a laptop.
Only ONE person can use a single user licence. A single user licence cannot be shared between colleagues.
For a customer to be compliant, they must have a single user licence for any employee that uses SketchUp (or look at network licencing).
Private Server Network Licence
If you are unable to open the required ports (5053 and 50530) to use a standard network licence, then a private server licence is an alternative option.
The private server network licence is hosted on your own server. Commercial private network licences are available for 1 or 2-year term periods.
- Private Server Network Licences can only be created as NEW and it is not possible to convert an existing Network Licence to an Offline (private server) licence.
- Additionally, once a Private Server Network Licence has been generated it cannot be altered or upgraded (no adding of seats is possible). You will be obligated to use the version of SketchUp you purchased for the term of the licence purchased.
- Only available on a Windows 64-bit server only, it is not offered as a server option for any other operating system.
A network licence covers EVERYONE within a company. Every employee who uses SketchUp, whether that be all day every day, or just for 10 minutes a week – will be covered by this licence.
Note: For a network licence to work, SketchUp needs to be able to communicate over ports 5053 and 50530.
These are worth a look if you are:
Interested in large volume purchasing for SketchUp Pro?
Constantly placing small orders and missing out on savings?
Have many occasional users? Have a hard time keeping track of who has what? See a constant demand for current and future access to SketchUp?
- A single key provides company wide access
- Minimum total employee count 200
- Predictable Renewals
- Annual subscription
- Bulk pricing models
- Support Packages
- Training Packages
SketchUp Pro is now available as a subscription offering, alongside the classic perpetual license. The SketchUp Pro subscription bundle is a termed license for a named individual.
The SketchUp Pro bundle includes the premium online modeller (SketchUp for Web), Trimble Connect for Business, as well as the desktop applications; SketchUp Pro for Desktop, LayOut, and Style Builder. The bundle also includes augmented reality features within SketchUp Viewer for iOS and Android and viewing apps for the following XR devices: HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Microsoft HoloLens, and Windows Mixed Reality headsets.
After downloading the file, follow these steps to install SketchUp:
- Log in to the computer with a user account that has administrator rights.
- Double-click the EXE install file. You can also context-click and select Run As an Administrator.
- Click Next in the Welcome dialog box.
- Click on the I accept the terms of this license agreement button in the End User License Agreement if you agree to the terms.
- Click the Next button to install SketchUp in the default location.
- Click the Install button if you’re satisfied with the settings.
- Click the Finish button when prompted.
Windows 7/Windows 8: Be sure to close SketchUp Pro after installing prior to authorizing.
- Launch SketchUp once before logging out of the administrative user account. If you have a SketchUp Pro license, please be aware that you must authorize while logged in to an administrative account. See the links below for help authorizing.
From time to time you may have difficulty authorising your licence. A list of the most common error messages you may see upon trying to authorise the licence, along with the steps to resolve can be found here
We recommend the following steps if you are having difficulty authorising a licence:
- Check you have an internet connection; you will need a connection to authorise SketchUp.
- Check you have downloaded the correct version of SketchUp Pro.
- Ensure no leading or trailing blank spaces are being copied across when copying and pasting the licence information.
- If still unsuccessful, Copy and paste licence details into a plain text editor (like Notepad) and then copy and paste from there into SketchUp.
A standard network licence is now installed just like a single user licence – although there is one important caveat to allow the authorisation to be successful: Ports 5053 and 50530 must be open on the router on each workstation for your network license to work. No server installs necessary.
For any authorisation issues, please follow the same steps as listed for a single user licence above. Double check that you have the required ports open.
The licensing servers are currently at the following URLs:
These URLs currently resolve to 2 IP addresses: 188.8.131.52 184.108.40.206 Ports may be opened only for these addresses if desired.
Removing a licence / Moving to a new computer SketchUp Pro single-user licenses are “locked” to your computer when SketchUp Pro is licenced. If you purchase a new computer and you want to transfer your SketchUp licence to that new machine, you need to remove your license from your old computer first. To remove the licence, please try these steps:
- Open SketchUp Pro on the *old* computer.
- Select “Help” > “License” (Windows) or “SketchUp” > “License” (Mac OSX)
- Click the “Remove License” license – you will see a confirmation message.
- Click the “Remove License” button – your license will be removed. Now you can authorize SketchUp Pro on your new computer using your same serial number and authorization code (i.e. license information).